Marketing automation benefits|Marketing automation systems drive an average of 14.5% increase in sales productivity and a 12.2% reduction in marketing overheads.
If that alone doesn’t make you want to stop and listen. Then think about this. 80% of marketers who use automation software have reported a 77% increase in their conversions.
There are many different benefits of having marketing automation systems for businesses. Click here to learn all about marketing automation systems.
What Exactly Is Marketing Automation?
There’s a big chance that you’ve heard the buzzwords ‘Marketing Automation’.
To put it simply, marketing automation is the name given to software built to execute everyday marketing actions. For example, publishing your social media posts, sending out sales emails and other tactical marketing actions can be completed with almost no manual effort.
Marketing automation software can nurture your marketing leads with personalized and helpful content and convert these leads into loyal, repeat customers.
Basically, marketing automation software is a powerful mechanization of your marketing processes. The tasks that this software can perform are things like:
- Manual email campaigns
- Bulk SMS messaging
- Publishing of your social media posts
- Website widget content placement
- Online advertisements placement
- Data management
- Data analysis
The great thing about automated marketing is it is always adapting and evolving, it’s a software that can take tedious, repetitive tasks away from key marketers and open up their day to spend more time on strategy and overall management.
Why Are Marketing Automation Systems Important?
So, why exactly are marketing automation systems so important to us in 2019?
Well, companies that are using marketing automation will see more web traffic, convert that traffic into more buyers and thus create better customer retention and drive customer loyalty.
Marketing automation software has personalization capabilities, coupled with relevant content for your target audience, takes your sales leads and qualifies them as potential buyers.
Think of the days where salespeople had to make cold calls two, three and even four times before they could show your product or service to that person? Marketing automation takes that process and simplifies it into personalized emails that contain relevant marketing messages tailor made for that specific lead.
Through this process, you’re able to streamline the connections you make with your target audience all at one time.
What Are the Benefits of Marketing Automation?
Delving deeper into marketing automation we start to look at individual benefits that the software has. Marketing automation software creates so much added value to you, your business and your team.
These benefits remain the same whether you have a global presence, or you’re a smaller, local business.
Through using marketing automation, your business can stay completely relevant to your target and customer base while maintaining your competitive edge.
Here’s a quick overview of the benefits of marketing automation software:
- Save time. Because you’ll be able to schedule campaigns ahead of time, you’ll be able to put time into other projects that need attention.
Through marketing automation, you can schedule content to different groups within your database and send relevant messaging to them based on filters you’ve placed on your data and their historical purchase information. Saving time on manually sifting through data to see who should receive which part of your campaign. If you have the right marketing automation software, you’ll also eliminate the need to jump between different platforms.
- Get more out of your CRM. Your customer relationship software is the software you use to house your important customer information. But it is not the same as your marketing automation software. CRM software saves data such as names, purchase history, contact details, and conversations.
- Whereas your marketing automation software is focused solely on marketing activity and tasks. By having marketing automation, you are able to get more out of the data that is housed in your CRM system. You can take contact data out of your CRM, and use the sales funnel to filter the types of marketing automation that you choose to do. Together, the two systems will give you everything you need.
- Increases productivity. By saving time, your marketing automation will free up your marketing team’s time to perform other tasks and focus on other projects. You’ve had that re-branding in mind for months now, so with marketing automation at their fingertips, the department can focus on that now thereby increasing productivity on tasks that need to be done manually.
- Personalization. Now is the time for personalization, and marketing automation can give you that. It gives you the ability to create a unique marketing message for each type of customer you have, no matter where they are in the sales funnel and what the purchase history is. Through personalization, you’ll be able to increase engagement and in turn, boost your sales.
- Management of multi-channel campaign. Keeping track of all your campaigns across all your marketing channels from one platform is a benefit not to be lost in the fog. Being able to manage everything that’s going on in your marketing campaigns from one place is a blessing.
- Consistency. With marketing automation, you’ll know that your online audience is receiving the same, consistent message based on their data. You’ll have completely removed the need for manually checking and sending out emails. Your templates will be ready to go, names will be automatically inserted and your customers will be receiving emails and communication optimized just for them.
- Return on investment at an optimum level. 45% of agencies rely on marketing automation platforms to show their ROI and 42% use marketing automation to measure performance. Targeting customers more specifically will allow you to see a sharp growth in your return on investment, and you’ll be happy with your marketing spend when it’s showing you a return.
There are so many vast reasons for being a company that embraces marketing automation. The one benefit to keep in mind, over and above all else, is optimizing the entire customer experience, which is exactly what marketing automation will allow you to do.
Marketing Automation Systems in 2019
The number of marketing automation systems available are increasing, with so many different advantages and capabilities. You’re going to have to do your homework when it comes to selecting the right software for you and your business.
If you need assistance with implementing a marketing automation system, then you should seek out a consultant or professional to assist you.
Have a look through our digital marketing resources for other tips and tricks that can take your marketing team from zero to hero.